Senior Living in Canton, Michigan
- Canton scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Canton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, Walter P Reuther Psych Hosp, and Forest Health Medical Center.
- There are 200 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waltonwood at Carriage Park, Waltonwood of Carriage Park, and National Church Residences - Canton Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 696 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 169 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Pheasant Run Golf Club, East/South Course at Fellows Creek Golf Course, and Saint John\'s Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Knollwood Memorial Park, Nankin Mills Nature Center, and Prospect Park.
- There are 226 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Church of God, Tri City Christian Ctr, and St John Neumann.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 231 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,645, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,200, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,640, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Canton has a dense population density of 2,496.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Canton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.62%.