Senior Living in Canton, Ohio
- Canton scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Canton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Medical Center, Aultman Hospital, and Heartland Behavioral Hlthcare.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Laurels of Canton, The Pines, and Canton Christian Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 239 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 102 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookside Country Club, Dales Course at Tam O\'Shanter Public Golf Course, and Tam O\'shanter Public Golf Course -Dales.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including McKinley Memorial Park, Exploration Gateway, and Jackson Bog State Nature Preserve.
- There are 216 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Catholic Church, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Chr, and St Peters Catholic Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 104 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 60 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,044, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,200, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,317, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,740 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,673 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.07%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canton has a dense population density of 2,600.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Canton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.00%.