Senior Living in Canton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Canton, PA: 17724
- Canton scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Canton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Troy Community Hospital and Troy Community Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Oaks Personal Care Home, Darway Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Bradford County Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Corey Creek Golf Club, Towanda Country Club, and Eagles Mere Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Buttermilk Falls Campground, Camp Brule, and McIntyre Wild Area.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ-disciples of Christ, Stiltner Theodore H, and Pierce Norman C.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,324, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,836, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,304, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Canton has a very sparse population density of 48.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have an average daily commute time.
- Canton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.29%.