Senior Living in Cantonment, Florida
Top zip codes in Cantonment, FL: 32533
- Cantonment scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Cantonment scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (West Florida Hospital and Sacred Heart Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sabal House, University Hills and Rehabilitation Center, and Arcadia Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Solutia Golf Course, Champion Golf Course, and Creekside Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Roy Hyatt Environmental Center, Escambia River State Wildlife Management Area, and Ashton Brosnaham Park.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including Greater First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,619, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,646, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,492, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,148 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,850 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cantonment receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cantonment has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cantonment has a sparse population density of 353.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cantonment have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cantonment has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.25%.