Senior Living in Canutillo, Texas
Top zip codes in Canutillo, TX: 79835
- Canutillo scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Canutillo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Alliance Hosp Of Santa Teresa).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including M and L Loving Hands Foster Home, Villa De Los Abuelos, and The Montevista at Coronado.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Anthony Country Club, Dos Lagos Golf Course, and Painted Dunes Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Westway Park, American RV, and Ernie Rascon Memorial Park.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including Iglesia La Novia Del Cordero, St Patrick\'s Church, and Anthony United Methodist Chr.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 72 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,900, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,668, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $11,669, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,900 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $6,760 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,693 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canutillo receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Canutillo has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Canutillo has an average population density of 1,072.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canutillo have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Canutillo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 59.65%.