Senior Living in Canyon, Texas
Top zip codes in Canyon, TX: 79015
- Canyon scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Canyon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northwest Texas Surgery Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palo Duro Retirement Village, Hudson House Canyon, and Conner Place.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Canyon Country Club, Palo Duro Creek Golfing Club, and Preston West Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including City of Canyon Parks & Rec, Conner Park, and Southeast Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, First Baptist Church of Canyon, and Grace Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.21%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,383, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,684, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,010, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.84%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canyon receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Canyon has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canyon has a very sparse population density of 50.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canyon have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Canyon has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.77%.