Senior Living in Cape Coral, Florida
- Cape Coral scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Cape Coral scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cape Coral Hospital, Lee Memorial Hospital, and Southwest Florida Reg Med Ctr.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cape Coral Shores, Gulf Coast Village Care Center, and Brookdale Santa Barbara.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 317 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Palmetto-Pine Country Club, King/Prince Course at Royal Tee Country Club, and Cape Coral Executive Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Yacht Club Community Park, Edison and Ford Winter Estates, and The Shell Factory and Nature Park.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including St Katharine Drexel Catholic, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Cape Coral Assembly of God.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 161 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 49 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,992, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,913, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,444, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,413 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,240 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cape Coral receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cape Coral has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cape Coral has a dense population density of 1,777.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cape Coral have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cape Coral has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.51%.