Senior Living in Carbon Hill, Ohio
Top zip codes in Carbon Hill, OH: 43111
- Carbon Hill scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Carbon Hill scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors Hospital Of Nelsonville, Hocking Valley Community Hospital, and Hocking Valley Comm Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Logan Health Care, The Lindley Inn Assisted Living Community, and Hickory Creek of Athens.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Brass Ring Golf Club, Forest Hills Golf Course, and Perry Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Trimble Wilderness Area, Happy Hills Campground, and Hocking Hills Canoe Livery.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Adams Tracy, First Church of Christ, and Frazier Frank J.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carbon Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carbon Hill has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Carbon Hill has an average population density of 559.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carbon Hill have a very short daily commute time.
- Carbon Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.