Senior Living in Carbon, Indiana
Top zip codes in Carbon, IN: 47837
- Carbon scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Carbon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Vincent Clay Hospital Inc and Putnam County Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cloverleaf Healthcare of Knightsville, Exceptional Living Center of Brazil, and Lee Alan Bryant Health Care Facility.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Park Golf Course, Parke County Golf Course, and Coon Lake Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Fallen Rock Park Restaurant, Fern Cliff Nature Preserve, and Raccoon Lake State Recreation Area.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Carbon Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Annunciation Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,893, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,466, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,792, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,320 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,973 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.31%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carbon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carbon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Carbon has a very sparse population density of 42.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carbon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Carbon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.13%.