Senior Living in Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Carbondale, PA: 18407
- Carbondale scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Carbondale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Marian Community Hospital and Mid-valley Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, Carbondale Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Forest City Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Scottish Glen Golf Course, Elkview Country Club, and Skyline Public Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Archbald Pothole State Park, Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort, and Lackawanna State Park.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Berean Baptist Church, St Rose Church, and Carbondale First United Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,698, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,100, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,885, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carbondale receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carbondale has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Carbondale has a sparse population density of 331.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carbondale have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carbondale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.54%.