Senior Living in Cardington, Ohio
Top zip codes in Cardington, OH: 43315
- Cardington scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Cardington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Morrow County Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodside Village Care Center, Ashley Manor - In Delaware County, and Bennington Glen Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Lakes Golf Course, Kings Mill Golf Club, and Whetstone Golf & Swimming.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Mt. Gilead State Park, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort at Dogwood Valley, and Cardinal Center Campground.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,133, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,321, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,386, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.34%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cardington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cardington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cardington has a very sparse population density of 87.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cardington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cardington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.24%.