Senior Living in Carencro, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Carencro, LA: 70520
- Carencro scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Carencro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vermilion Hospital, St Martin Hospital, and Med Ctr Of Southwest Louisiana.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evangeline Oaks Guest House, Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Living, and Jehovah Loving Hands.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 212 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Farm Golf Club, The, Acadian Hills Golf Course, and Jay & Lionel Herbert Municipal Golf Course, The.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Carencro Park, Pelican Park, and Bayou Wilderness RV Resort.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Church, Our Lady of the Assumption Chr, and St Elizabeth Seton Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 107 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,686, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,439, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,606, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,820 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,265 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,650 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carencro receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carencro has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Carencro has a sparse population density of 467.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carencro have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Carencro has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.40%.