Senior Living in Carleton, Michigan
Top zip codes in Carleton, MI: 48117
- Carleton scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Carleton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Memorial Hospital System, Mercy Memorial Hospital, and Oakwood Southshore Medical Center.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Progressive Residential Service, Home Suite Home For Seniors, and Pavel Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 172 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Carleton Glen Golf Club, Thorne Hills Golf Course, and Willow Metropark Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Willow MetroPark, Oakwoods Metropark, and Lower Huron Metropolitan Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s, Carleton United Methodist Ch, and Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,354, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,284, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,116, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,875 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.36%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carleton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carleton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Carleton has a sparse population density of 184.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carleton have an average daily commute time.
- Carleton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.82%.