Senior Living in Carlinville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Carlinville, IL: 62626
- Carlinville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Carlinville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Carlinville Area Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendship Skilled Nursing and Rehab, Carlinville Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Heritage Health-Carlinville.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Carlinville Country Club, Terry Park Golf Course, and Gillespie Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Loveless Park, Otter Lake Park, and Lazy Days Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (First Church of Nazarene and Carlinville Church of Christ).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,717, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,157, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,624, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlinville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlinville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Carlinville has a very sparse population density of 48.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlinville have a very short daily commute time.
- Carlinville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.94%.