Senior Living in Carlisle, Iowa
Top zip codes in Carlisle, IA: 50047
- Carlisle scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Carlisle scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Metropolitan Medical Center, and Iowa Lutheran Hospital.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carlisle Center For Wellness and Rehab, Prairie Hills at Des Moines, and Vintage Hills of Indianola.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including A. H. Blank Golf Course, Toad Valley Public Golf Course, and Copper Creek Golf Course.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including Banner Lakes at Summerset State Park, Webb RV Park LLC, and Yellow Banks Park.
- There are 178 churches in or near the city, including Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Carlisle Christian Church, and St Elizabeth Seton Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,225, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,756, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,069, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlisle receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlisle has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carlisle has a very sparse population density of 95.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlisle have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carlisle has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.35%.