Senior Living in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Carlisle scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Carlisle scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Carlisle Regional Medical Center, Carlisle Regional Medical Ctr, and Healthsouth Rehabilitation.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sarah A. Todd Memorial Home, Thornwald Home, and Forest Park Health Center and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Cumberland Golf Club, Mayapple Golf Links, and Rocky Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Western Village RV Park, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission, and Mountain Creek Camp Ground.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Community Church, Brethren in Christ Church, and Church of Christ.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,861, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,345, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,947, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlisle receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlisle has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Carlisle has a sparse population density of 494.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlisle have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Carlisle has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.74%.