Senior Living in Carlos, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Carlos, MN: 56319
- Carlos scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Carlos scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sharon\'s Senior Services, Prairie Senior Cottages of Alexandria, and Sonshine Villa.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Double Eagle Golf & Supper Club (Gold Course at Double Eagle Golf & Supper Club), Osakis Country Club, and Geneva Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lake Carlos State Park, Lazy Days Campground, and Hartfiel State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,519, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,981, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,874, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlos receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlos has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carlos has a very sparse population density of 32.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlos have a very short daily commute time.
- Carlos has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.81%.