Senior Living in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Top zip codes in Carlsbad, NM: 88220
- Carlsbad scores higher than the New Mexico average of 66.
- Carlsbad scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Carlsbad Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carlsbad Medical Center - Senior Circle, Northgate Unit of Lakeview Christian Home Nursing, and Landsun Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Lake Carlsbad Golf Course, Riverside Country Club, and Artesia Country Club.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Shooting Range and Action Sports Recreation Area, Carlsbad Softball Complex, and Living Desert Zoo & Gardens State Park.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Central Christian Church, Calvary Assembly of God, and First Assembly of God Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.50%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Mexico has an average state income tax of 3.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,345, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,318, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,731, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,100 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,500 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,782 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.49%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlsbad receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlsbad has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Carlsbad has a very sparse population density of 16.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlsbad have a very short daily commute time.
- Carlsbad has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.45%.