Senior Living in Carlton, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Carlton, MN: 55718
- Carlton scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Carlton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Community Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Terrace Assisted Living, Pine View Apartments, and Inter-Faith Care Center - Skilled Nursing Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Hill Golf Club, Big Lake Golf Club, and Cloquet Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Cloquet / Duluth KOA, Jay Cooke State Park, and Pine Valley.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Arrow Head Baptist Association, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,811, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,419, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,283, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carlton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carlton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carlton has a very sparse population density of 53.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carlton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carlton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.14%.