Senior Living in Carmel, Indiana
- Carmel scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Carmel scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Indiana University Health North Hospital, St Vincent Carmel Hospital Inc, and St Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana Llc.
- There are 103 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Carmel, Carmel Health and Living Community, and Ahepa Management.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 541 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Crooked Stick Golf Club, Mohawk Hills Golf Club, and Twin Lakes Golf Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Cool Creek Park Nature Center, River Heritage Park, and Coxhall Gardens.
- There are 397 churches in or near the city, including St Christopher\'s Episcopal Chr, Our Lady of Mt Carmel, and Central Christian Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 178 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 182 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $140,920, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,383, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $50,944, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.79%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carmel receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carmel has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Carmel has a dense population density of 1,835.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carmel have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carmel has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.60%.