Senior Living in Carmichael, California
Top zip codes in Carmichael, CA: 95608
- Carmichael scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Carmichael scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Bhc Heritage Oaks Hospital, and Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Sacramento/roseville.
- There are 451 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rncare House at Carmichael, A and V Comfort Home Care, and Geriatric Care Luci\"s Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 564 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Ancil Hoffman Golf Course, Foothill Golf Center, and Del Paso Country Club.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Carmichael Park, Effie Yeaw Nature Center, and William B. Pond.
- There are 282 churches in or near the city, including American River Community Chr, Cypress Avenue Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Assumption-Rectory.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 536 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 282 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,205, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,015, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,266, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,836 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,830 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carmichael receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carmichael has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Carmichael has a dense population density of 4,556.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carmichael have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carmichael has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.82%.