Senior Living in Carmichaels, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Carmichaels, PA: 15320
- Carmichaels scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Carmichaels scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Southwest Regional Medical Center and Brownsville General Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Annabelle Pratt Boarding Home, Fort Mason Village, and Rolling Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmichaels Golf Club, Rohanna\'s Golf Course, and Greene County Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wana B Park, Friendship Hill National Historic Site, and Mt. Morris Trailer Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Consolation, Cornerstone C & MA Church, and First Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,074, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,589, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,424, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carmichaels receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carmichaels has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carmichaels has a sparse population density of 138.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carmichaels have a short daily commute time.
- Carmichaels has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.91%.