Senior Living in Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Carnegie, PA: 15106
- Carnegie scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Carnegie scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 25 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Clair Memorial Hospital, Ohio Valley General Hospital, and Mayview State Hospital.
- There are 103 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ManorCare Health Services-Greentree, Providence Point, and Kane Scott Township.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 665 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Club at Nevillewood, The, Crafton Golf Club, and Chartiers Country Club.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Scott Township Municipal Park, Settlers Cabin Park, and Point of View Park.
- There are 345 churches in or near the city, including St Andrew\'s Lutheran Church, All Saints Polish National Chr, and St John Lutheran Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 299 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 223 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,572, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,312, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,116, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carnegie receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carnegie has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Carnegie has a dense population density of 1,659.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carnegie have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carnegie has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.84%.