Senior Living in Caroleen, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Caroleen, NC: 28019
- Caroleen scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Caroleen scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnyside Retirement Home, Kelly\'s Family Kare, and Country Living and More Family.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Dogwood Valley Golf Course, Forest City Municipal Golf Course, and Cherokee National Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Broad River Greenway).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Alexander United Methodist Chr, Church of the Exceptional, and Advent Lutheran Church Elca.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 100.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Caroleen receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Caroleen has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Caroleen has an average population density of 820.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Caroleen have a very short daily commute time.
- Caroleen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.