Senior Living in Carolina, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Carolina, WV: 26563
- Carolina scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Carolina scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fairmont General Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pierpont Center at Fairmont Campus, Tygart Center at Fairmont Campus, and Arbors at Fairmont.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including White Day Golf Club, Apple Valley Country Club, and Fairmont Field Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Complex, Prickett\'s Creek Campground, and Grandview Memorial Park & Mausoleum.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Katy Church of God of Prophecy, Arnold Kelley Evangelist, and Trinity Assembly of God.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,176, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,646, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.34%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 8% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carolina receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carolina has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Carolina has an average population density of 650.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carolina have a very short daily commute time.
- Carolina has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.19%.