Senior Living in Carpentersville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Carpentersville, IL: 60110
- Carpentersville scores significantly lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Carpentersville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Elgin Mental Health Center, Sherman Hospital, and Provena - Saint Joseph Hospital.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastgate Manor of Algonquin, Fox River Horizon, and Autumn Leaves of Crystal Lake.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 487 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (12% of residents).
- There are 222 golf courses in or around the city, including Bonnie Dundee Golf Club, Randall Oaks Golf Club, and Terrace Hill Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Carpenter Park, Dundee Township Park District, and Crabtree Nature Center.
- There are 138 churches in or near the city, including First Congregational Church, Faith Lutheran Church, and St Monica\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 174 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 134 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,025, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,814, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,320, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.91%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carpentersville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carpentersville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Carpentersville has a dense population density of 4,319.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carpentersville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Carpentersville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.12%.