Senior Living in Carrboro, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Carrboro, NC: 27510
- Carrboro scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Carrboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Of North Carolina Hospital, Durham Va Medical Center, and Duke University Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gary Residential Services, Crescent Green of Carrboro, and Aberdeen Residential Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (13% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Lakes Golf Course, Chapel Hill Country Club, and Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, The.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including North Carolina Botanical Garden, Wild Bird Center, and Old Chapel Hill Road Park.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including Terrells Creek Missionary Chr, Hill Song Church, and Bethel Baptist Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,351, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,710, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,814, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,407 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carrboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carrboro has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Carrboro has a dense population density of 3,910.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carrboro have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carrboro has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.31%.