Senior Living in Carroll, Iowa
Top zip codes in Carroll, IA: 51401
- Carroll scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Carroll scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Anthony Regional Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Swan House, New Hope Village Home, and New Hope Village Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Carroll Country Club, Carroll Municipal Golf Course, and Breda Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Swan Lake State Park and Dickson Timber County Park).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church of Carroll, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and First Assembly of God Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,015, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,893, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,981, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.42%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carroll receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carroll has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Carroll has a very sparse population density of 70.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carroll have a very short daily commute time.
- Carroll has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.67%.