Senior Living in Carroll, Ohio
Top zip codes in Carroll, OH: 43112
- Carroll scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Carroll scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Diley Ridge Medical Center and Fairfield Medical Center).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carroll Place, Rockmill Rehabilitation Centre, and Reflections .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Hill Golf Course, Turnberry Golf Course, and Executive Course at Pleasant Valley Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Chestnut Ridge Metro Park, Rock Mill Covered Bridge, and Jackson Lake Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Shalom United Methodist Church, Victory Hill Church of God, and Grace Bible Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,232, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,083, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,283, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carroll receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Carroll has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Carroll has a sparse population density of 132.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carroll have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carroll has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.02%.