Senior Living in Carrollton, Georgia
- Carrollton scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Carrollton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tanner Medical Center - Carrollton).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stewart House Retirement Living, Cottage Landing Assisted Living, and Pine Knoll Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Hills Country Club, Oak Mountain Championship Golf Course, and Bowdon Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Carrollton City Office, Carrollton Recreation Department, and Carroll County Recreation Department.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Place of Refuge A, Victory Tabernacle Ministries, and Grace Covenant Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,514, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,176, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,359, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.42%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carrollton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carrollton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carrollton has a dense population density of 2,294.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carrollton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carrollton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.98%.