Senior Living in Carrollton, Texas
- Carrollton scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Carrollton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baylor Medical Center At Carrollton, Dallas Medical Center, and Select Specialty Hospital.
- There are 247 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Gardens Rehabilitation and Healthcare, People Care-Horizon Center, and Lakeview at Josey Ranch.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1283 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Creek Golf Course -Lakes, Columbian Country Club Of Dallas, and Brookhaven Country Club -Championship.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including McInnish Park, MacArthur Park, and Vitruvian Park.
- There are 324 churches in or near the city, including Bent Tree Bible Fellowship, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and St Catherine of Siena Catholic.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 461 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 47 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 363 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,395, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,602, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,509, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carrollton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carrollton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Carrollton has a dense population density of 3,284.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carrollton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Carrollton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.88%.