Senior Living in Carrollton, Virginia
Top zip codes in Carrollton, VA: 23314
- Carrollton scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Carrollton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Riverside Rehab Institute, Riverside Regional Medical Center, and Sentara Hampton Gen Hospital.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Magnolia Manor at Smithfield, Riverside Rehabilitation Center - Smithfield, and The Crossings at Harbour View.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Smithfield Downs Golf Club, Cedar Point Club, and Cypress Creek Golfers\' Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Isle of Wight Parks, Beale Park, and A. Dodson\'s.
- There are 173 churches in or near the city, including Ebenezer United Methodist Chr, St Andrew Presbyterian Church, and Oakland Christian Church.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 115 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,724, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,202, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,510, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,228 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,795 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,426 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carrollton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carrollton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Carrollton has a sparse population density of 364.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carrollton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carrollton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.20%.