Senior Living in Carrsville, Virginia
Top zip codes in Carrsville, VA: 23315
- Carrsville scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Carrsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Southampton Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Woods Edge, Southampton Memorial Hospital, and Consulate Health Care of Windsor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Cove Country Club, Suffolk Golf Course, and Nansemond River Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Antioch Pines Natural Area Preserve, Blackwater Ecological Preserve, and Gracie\'s Garden.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Mt Carmel Christian Church, New Church of Deliverance, and Rose of Sharon Worship Center.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,227, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,429, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,800, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,228 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,795 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,426 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.46%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carrsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carrsville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Carrsville has a very sparse population density of 52.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carrsville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carrsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.25%.