Senior Living in Carson, California
- Carson scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Carson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lac/harbor-ucla Med Center, Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Harbor City, and Memorial Hospital Of Gardena.
- There are 445 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carson Assisted Living at Arbor Hall, Carson Senior Assisted Living, and Carson Gardens Apartments.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1670 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Victoria Golf Course, Dominguez Golf & Practice Center, and Harbor Park Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Silverado Park, Madrona Marsh, and All Souls Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum.
- There are 578 churches in or near the city, including A New Direction Ministry, First Lutheran Church, and Judson Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1256 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 46 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 513 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,040, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,629, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,343, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carson receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carson has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Carson has a dense population density of 5,676.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Carson has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.70%.