Senior Living in Carson City, Nevada
- Carson City scores higher than the Nevada average of 69.
- Carson City scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Sierra Surgery Hospital, and Carson Tahoe Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountain View Health and Rehab, Eagle Valley Care Center, and Carson Plaza.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunridge Golf Club, Silver Oak Golf Course, and Comstock/River Course at Empire Ranch Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Comstock Country RV Resort, Governors Field, and Carson City Recreation Division.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including Baha\'I Faith Reno, Hilltop Community Church, and Shepherd-sierra Lthrn Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nevada has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,598, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,238, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,535, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,017 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.26%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carson City receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Carson City has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Carson City has a sparse population density of 485.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carson City have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Carson City has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.42%.