Senior Living in Carter Lake, Iowa
Top zip codes in Carter Lake, IA: 51510
- Carter Lake scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Carter Lake scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Creighton University Medical Center - Saint Joseph, Boys Town Natl Research Hosp, and The Nebraska Medical Center.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Princess Anne, Hansen House, and Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 429 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Shoreline Golf Course, Miller Park Golf Course, and Field Club Of Omaha.
- There are 52 parks near the city center, including Levi Carter Park, Freedom Park, and Kountze Park.
- There are 309 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Carter Lake Church, Mount Moriah Baptist Church, and Paradise Baptist Church.
- There are 43 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 178 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 109 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,619, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,333, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,947, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carter Lake receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carter Lake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Carter Lake has a dense population density of 2,025.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carter Lake have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Carter Lake has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.12%.