Senior Living in Carteret, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Carteret, NJ: 07008
- Carteret scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Carteret scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 28 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, Woodbridge Development Center, and Trinitas Regional Medical Center.
- There are 171 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Riverton, Delaire Nursing and Conv Center, and St Joseph\'s Senior Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1615 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 161 golf courses in or around the city, including South Shore Golf Course, Colonia Country Club, and Colonia Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Freshkills Park, Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, and Bloomingdale Park.
- There are 747 churches in or near the city, including St Elizabeth\'s Roman Catholic, Holy Family Church, and St Joseph Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1020 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 34 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 347 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,230, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,633, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,511, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.48%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carteret receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carteret has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Carteret has a dense population density of 5,133.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carteret have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Carteret has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.33%.