Senior Living in Cartersville, Georgia
- Cartersville scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Cartersville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cartersville Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tranquility of Cartersville, Maple Ridge Health Care Center, and Cartersville Heights.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Plantation Golf Club, Cartersville Country Club, and Green Valley Greens Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Etowah Indian Mounds Historic Site, KOA Kampgrounds, and Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Atco Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Friendship Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,415, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,855, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,511, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cartersville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cartersville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cartersville has a sparse population density of 402.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cartersville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cartersville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.39%.