Senior Living in Carterville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Carterville, IL: 62918
- Carterville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Carterville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Herrin Hospital, Memorial Hospital Of Carbondale, and Heartland Regional Medical Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Helia Healthcare of Energy, Herrin Rehab and Nursing Center, and Shawnee Christian Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Crab Orchard Golf Club, Green Acres Golf Club, and Hartland Golf & Recreation Center.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Crab Orchard Boat & Yacht Club, Crab Orchard Campground, and Four Seasons Campground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Apostolic House of Worship.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,592, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,662, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,655, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,168 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,221 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carterville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carterville has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Carterville has a sparse population density of 272.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carterville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carterville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.42%.