Senior Living in Carterville, Missouri
Top zip codes in Carterville, MO: 64835
- Carterville scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Carterville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mccune - Brooks Hospital, Mccune-brooks Hospital, and St John\'s Regional Medical Center.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bristol Manor of Webb City, Bristol Manor Webb City, and Webb City Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Schifferdecker Golf Course, Range Line Golf Course, and Briarbrook Country Club -Hillside.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Joe Becker Memorial Stadium, Landreth Park, and Sportsmans Park.
- There are 78 churches in or near the city, including Carterville Christian Church, Carterville First Baptist Ch, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $36,960, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,382, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,534, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,605 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.04%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carterville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carterville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carterville has an average population density of 790.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carterville have a short daily commute time.
- Carterville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.83%.