Senior Living in Carthage, Indiana
Top zip codes in Carthage, IN: 46115
- Carthage scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Carthage scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hancock Regional Hospital and Rush Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morristown Manor, Millers Merry Manor, and Flatrock River Lodge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Royal Hylands Golf Club, Arrowhead Golf Course, and Shekinah on the Brandywine.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Abraham Roger J, Knightstown Christian Church, and Morristown Christian Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,640, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,861, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,873, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.97%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carthage receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carthage has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carthage has a very sparse population density of 52.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carthage have a very long daily commute time.
- Carthage has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.20%.