Senior Living in Carthage, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Carthage, NC: 28327
- Carthage scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Carthage scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tara Plantation of Carthage, Peak Resources - Pinelake, and Belle Meade Retirement Resort.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Whispering Woods Golf Course, Country Club Of Whispering Pines -East, and Little River Farm.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Heritage Camping & Recreation, Camp Durant, and Heritage Campground.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Harvest Church of God, Lighthouse Assembly of God, and Heritage Church of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.11% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,273, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,766, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,825, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.48%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carthage receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carthage has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Carthage has a very sparse population density of 81.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carthage have an average daily commute time.
- Carthage has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.39%.