Senior Living in Carthage, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Carthage, TN: 37030
- Carthage scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Carthage scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Riverview Regional Medical Center North and Riverview Regional Medical Center South).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Smith County, Pineview Boarding Home, and Hartsville Convalescent Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hills Golf Club, Macon County Golf Course, and Hunters Point Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Defeated Creek Park Campground, Made In the Shade RV Park, and Salt Lick Creek Recreation Area.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Montrose Church of Christ, Abundant Harvest Worship Center, and Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,392, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,005, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,712, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.93%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carthage receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carthage has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carthage has a sparse population density of 110.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carthage have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Carthage has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.25%.