Senior Living in Carver, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Carver, MN: 55315
- Carver scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Carver scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Francis Regional Medical Center).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valleyview of Jordan, Valleyview Assisted Living and Memory Care of Jordan, and Auburn Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Ridges At Sand Creek, Chaska Par 30, and Chaska Town Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Minneapolis Southwest KOA, Minnesota Valley State Recreation Area, and Marsh Lake Hunting Preserve.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St Nicholas Church, and East Union Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,184, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,338, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,307, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.05%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carver receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Carver has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carver has a sparse population density of 179.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carver have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Carver has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.11%.