Senior Living in Carville, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Carville, LA: 70721
- Carville scores significantly higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Carville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Prevost Memorial Hospital, Surgical Specialty Center Of Baton Rouge, and Charis Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gonzales Healthcare Center, Ascension Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC, and Sunrise at Siegen.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 167 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverdale Country Club, University Club, and Santa Maria Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including University Club Clubhouse, Highland Road Community Park, and Oak Grove Community Park.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda Temple of Deliverance, First Israel Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church of Smoke.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,964, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,655, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,551, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,576 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,084 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,909 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.43%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Carville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Carville has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Carville has a sparse population density of 138.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Carville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Carville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.30%.