Senior Living in Cary, North Carolina
- Cary scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Cary scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wakemed, Cary Hospital, Central Prison Hospital, and Rex Hospital.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Glenaire, Sunrise of Cary, and Weatherstone Spring.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 736 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Lochmere Golf Club, MacGregor Downs Country Club, and Prestonwood Country Club (The Fairways Course at Prestonwood Country Club).
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Page-Walker Arts & History Center, Fred G. Bond Metro Park, and Kids Together Playground.
- There are 328 churches in or near the city, including Cary Church of Christ, Bethel Baptist Church, and Christ the King Lutheran Chr.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 268 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $114,548, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,429, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,470, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.73%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cary receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cary has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cary has a dense population density of 2,287.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cary have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cary has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.09%.