Senior Living in Cascade, Colorado
Top zip codes in Cascade, CO: 80809
- Cascade scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Cascade scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Centura Health-penrose St Francis Health Services, Penrose-st Francis Hlth Servs, and U S Air Force Academy Hospital.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Of The Gods Care Center, Monroe City Manor Care Center, and Mount St Francis Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Kissing Camels Golf Course, Eighteen Hole Course at Patty Jewett Golf Club, and Colorado Springs Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Rocky Top Motel & Campground, Cave of the Winds, and Pikes Peak.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Rocky Mountain Christian Ctr, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Community Congregational Chr.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,725, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,298, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,755, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,100 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,965 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,718 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.38%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cascade receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cascade has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cascade has a very sparse population density of 30.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cascade have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cascade has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 99.22%.