Senior Living in Cascade, Iowa
Top zip codes in Cascade, IA: 52033
- Cascade scores significantly lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Cascade scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Rest Care Center, Monticello Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Chateau Royale.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Fillmore Fairways Golf Course, Monticello Golf Club, and Thunder Hills Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Walnut Acres Camp Ground and Buzzard Ridge Wildlife Area).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Matthias Parish, St Pauls Catholic Church, and St Joseph Parish Office.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.30% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,257, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,689, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,012, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,420 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,164 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.40%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cascade receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cascade has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cascade has a very sparse population density of 32.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cascade have a short daily commute time.
- Cascade has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.16%.