Senior Living in Cascade, Maryland
Top zip codes in Cascade, MD: 21719
- Cascade scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Cascade scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Waynesboro Hospital, Meritus Medical Center, and Brook Lane Health Services.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillside Rest Home, Maplegrove Estate, and Hearthstone Retirement Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Waynesboro Country Club, Waynesboro Municipal Golf Course, and Carroll Valley Golf Resort.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Catoctin Mountain Park, Cunningham Falls State Park, and National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Welty Church of Brethren, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Fulghum Peter C.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,970, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,787, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.44%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cascade receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cascade has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cascade has a sparse population density of 460.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cascade have a very long daily commute time.
- Cascade has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.88%.