Senior Living in Casco, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Casco, WI: 54205
- Casco scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Casco scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Algoma Medical Center & Long Term Care Unit, Country Living Adult Health Care, and Anna\'s Healthcare, Inc. - New Franken.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including NorthBrook Country Club, Royal Scot Country Club, and Alaskan Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bayshore County Park, The Flying Pig, LLC, and Kewaunee RV & Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Assembly of God, Algoma United Methodist Church, and St Joseph\'s Rectory.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.91% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,999, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,538, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,201, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Casco receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Casco has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Casco has a very sparse population density of 52.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Casco have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Casco has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.37%.